Frequently Asked Questions
Are Market Basket stores all open?
Yes, all 81 Stores are open. Click here to find the closest store to you.
What are the hours of operation?
Please be aware that all Market Basket stores are open every day from 7:00am – 6:00pm.
Every day from 6:00 am - 7:00 am customers 60 and over are invited to shop during pre-opening hours. We ask all to respect this accommodation for Senior shopping hours.
How is Market Basket addressing safety concerns regarding COVID-19?
In addition to our disciplined food safety procedures, we are providing continual information to associates regarding best practices about this matter, including:
- Upon entrance each customer will be greeted by an associate who will clean and sanitize a carriage for them.
- Assisting with enhanced sanitation practices.
- The importance of proper hand washing.
- Only working when completely healthy.
- Not shaking hands with other people.
How is Market Basket addressing concerns about social distancing?
- Starting April 2, 2020, the number of customers shopping at one time will be limited, based on the size of the store, in order to ensure that customers have personal space, can maintain social distancing and feel more comfortable.
- A single entrance and exit will be designated for customers' use. ( All fire safety measures will remain in place.)
- We ask all customers and associates to stay 6 feet apart from others when possible. Reminder 6 feet is 6 floor tiles.
How is Market Basket ensuring the safety of its associates?
Our associates’ well-being is always a priority for us. In addition to increasing our robust sanitation and hygiene protocols in stores, we are also following all recommended guidelines regarding associate wellness. Associates have been informed that they do not need to report to work if they feel any apprehension.
Will Market Basket run out of groceries?
Market Basket is working with suppliers to ensure the continuity of delivery of products, especially necessary goods. We continue to receive shipments to our stores every day, and are working around the clock to replace products that are currently out of stock.
Are you limiting the purchase of any products?
As we restock inventories, we have placed limits on certain items that are in the highest demand such as hand sanitizers and some paper goods. We appreciate your patience while we replenish inventories.
Is Market Basket offering special shopping hours for the elderly?
Every day from 6:00am - 7:00am customers 60 and over are invited to shop during pre-opening hours. We ask all to respect this accommodation for Senior shopping hours.
What is Market Basket's current policy on returns?
For enhanced product safety, we will be unable to accept returns or exchanges for items purchased from 3/9/2020 until further notice. We will evaluate this as we move forward to better serve you.
Will Market Basket allow reusable bags?
Due to State and Local regulations and best practices, reusable shopping bags are not allowed in stores until further notice.
Will I be able to bring my plastic bags back to Market Basket for recycling?
For safety reasons, Market Basket will no longer accept plastic bags for recycling until further notice.
Will I be able to redeem bottles at Market Basket?
Due to State regulations and safety concerns, Market Basket's bottle return centers are closed until further notice.