4 Time-Saving Holiday Appetizers Under $20
Holiday entertaining doesn’t have to be stressful! With these four appetizer ideas, you’ll get all of the flavors in half of the time!
1. Shrimp Ring
A nice shrimp ring is a surefire way to impress your guests. Whether you prepare it yourself or purchase a prepared shrimp ring from your local Market Basket, everyone will be delighted by this classic party favorite!
The Market Basket two-week flyer is filled with ingredients to make your shrimp platter party-ready. Our colossal sized cooked shrimp is on sale for $9.99/lb. as well as jumbo shell-on raw shrimp for only $12.99/lb. Don't forget the cocktail sauce! Pick up two 12 oz. jars for only $3 this week.
Let us help make your holiday hosting stress-free! We offer several sizes of shrimp rings, each on sale this week at your local Market Basket. Each ring comes frozen with cocktail sauce.
2. Caprese Wreath
This picture-perfect appetizer is a deliciously healthy addition to your Christmas table. Festive and fun to make, the caprese wreath takes only a little bit of work for a huge payoff.
(This awesome idea came from Karina - Cafe Delites)
- Using a large round plate, place a handful of fresh basil leaves around the edge of the plate. This will help give your dish a beautiful wreath effect.
- Wash and dry small cherry tomatoes. Scatter them along the plate.
- Drain the mozzarella balls. Arrange them on top of the tomatoes, filling in any empty spaces.
- Drizzle olive oil over the wreath. Sprinkle with Italian herbs, such as oregano.
- Place a small bowl of balsamic glaze in the center of the wreath. Serve and enjoy!
3. Pigs in a Blanket
An absolute classic, this pigs in a blanket recipe takes only three ingredients and less than 30 minutes to prepare!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll refrigerated crescent dinner rolls onto a clean counter.
- Separate the dough into triangles, then cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles.
- Place the mini sausages onto the triangles, starting at the shortest side, and roll.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds on the crescent roll dough
- Place them, overlapped side down, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite ketchup or mustard.
4. Charcuterie Board
From the buttery aroma of cubed Havarti to the reds and greens of the fruit accouterments, there's nothing better than a holiday cheese plate.
If you're interested in crafting the perfect cheese board for your holiday guests, be sure to check out our recent blog post.
To make your charcuterie board extra special for the holidays, be sure to include seasonal items such as cranberries, rosemary, pomegranate seeds, dried apricots, or figs. Dressing your board up with colors of the season will really make it stand out on your Christmas table.
Wishing a very Merry (and delicious) Christmas to our Market Basket family!
Looking for other holiday-inspired ideas? Try one of these:
- Short and Sweet Snacks
- How to Make Elf Donuts
- How to Craft the Perfect Cheese Board
- Easy Mason Jar Holiday Gifts
- 5 Gift Ideas to Impress The Host or Hostess