Tasty Wrap and Sandwiches
Quick and Healthy Recipes
Mediterranean Chicken Wrap
Amazing and healthy chicken wrap with loads of fresh and yummy ingredients filled inside! Serves 3-4
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp mint, dried
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp dill, dried or 1/2 tsp fresh
- Salt and pepper to taste
(For the salad mixture, amount as desired)
- Chopped cabbage
- 3-4 tortillas of choice
- Chop the vegetables for the salad and prepare the salad
- Make the garlicky yogurt sauce by mixing the yogurt with 1 garlic clove, a pinch of salt, and dill, until smooth.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add it to a non-stick pan with 1 tbsp olive oil, cooking at medium-high heat. Add 2 cloves of garlic, the chili flakes, black pepper, and dried mint, then stir together until the chicken is coated. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
- Assemble the wraps. Fill inside with the amount desired. In the center of the tortilla, add the chopped lettuce or cabbage, the chicken, cooked broccoli, some salad, hummus, and tzatziki. Wrap like a burrito and enjoy!
Hummus and Veggie Wrap
Easy, delicious, and vegan! Perfect for on-the-go quick lunches or picnics!
- Tortillas (plain, whole wheat, gluten-free) or Pita bread, Naan Bread, or Lavash bread
- Vegetables, sliced up (Ideas: Carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocadoes)
- Leafy Greens: Mixed salad greens, etc. Your choice!
- Optional: Hot sauce, pesto
- Warm up the tortillas in a microwave or in a pan on the stove for 10 seconds
- Spread a few tablespoons of hummus on the center of the tortilla
- Layer the sliced vegetables, such as cucumber, tomato, avocado, bell pepper, carrot, and any other sliced-up vegetables of your choice.
- Top with the mixed salad leaves or any leafy greens, and drizzle with your favorite hot sauce or pesto for an extra punch.
- Roll it up tightly in a burrito shape tucking in the edges. Slice in halves, and serve!
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwich
A healthy twist substituting greek yogurt for mayo, but tasting just as delicious!
- Shredded Chicken
- Non-fat plain greek yogurt
- Pecans or walnuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whole grain bread, wrap, or your favorite lettuce
- Cook your chicken, as desired. You can cook your chicken in an instant pot, crockpot, or on a stovetop. Market Basket cooked rotisserie chicken will save you time! Chop up or shred the chicken to bite-size.
- Chop up the vegetables and nuts.
- Stir all the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Place on whole grain bread or wrap, or just have it as-is on a bed of lettuce!
Fruity Peanut Butter Sandwich
So simple and easy! Great for kids' lunches, but equally as yummy for adults who crave something on the sweeter side! Packed with protein and fiber!
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat pita pockets halves, or whole wheat bread slices
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium firm banana, sliced
- In a small bowl, blend the peanut butter, allspice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spread inside the pita bread halves or on bread slices; fill or top with apple and banana slices. Enjoy!
Crunchy Tuna Wrap
Packed with protein-rich tuna, and fresh, crunchy veggies, these wraps leave your mouth bursting with flavor!
- 1 pouch or can of light tuna in water (drained)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped red bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tortilla wraps of choice
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients until well blended.
- Spread the mixture over the tortillas and top with lettuce. Roll up and enjoy!