Work From Home Lunch Recipes
Easy work from home lunch recipes that are tasty and nutritious!
Avocado Chicken Salad
Just 4 ingredients!
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup shredded chicken (Market Basket cooked chicken is a great option!)
1. In a small bowl, mash the avocado together with the yogurt and lemon juice until completely mixed
2. Add the chicken to the bowl, and mix with a spoon until all of the chicken is coated
3. Serve your chicken salad on top of lettuce for a yummy salad, or put it on a piece of your favorite grain bread with sliced tomatoes
Veggie Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, de-stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse quinoa with cold water
2. Pour the quinoa and vegetable broth into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil
3. Once boiling, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes
4. While quinoa is simmering, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil in a pan.
5. Add in carrots, bell pepper, and broccoli. Sauté everything for about 5 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cooked quinoa into the pan. Mix everything together.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm
Additional toppings and sauces are optional: try favorites such as nutritional yeast, cheese, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, tamari, etc.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Veggie Wrap
- 1 1/2 cups prepared roasted red pepper hummus
- 4 (8-inch) Whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups pre-washed spinach or baby kale blend
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cups crumbled goat cheese (or your choice of cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
1. Spread about 1/3 cup hummus over each tortilla.
2. Top each one with 1/2 cup spinach or kale
3. Then add 1/4 of bell pepper and about 3 tablespoons goat cheese to each tortilla.
4. Sprinkle with black pepper
5. Add in more veggies of your choice if you want to make it a more hearty wrap
6. Roll up the wraps
7. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and coat pan with cooking spray
8. Add the wraps, and cook for 1-1/2 minutes on each side until lightly browned
Spinach and strawberry salad with Feta and Walnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon best quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups pre-washed baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
1. Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Let stand for 5-10 minutes to allow shallots to soften.
2. Add spinach, strawberries, feta, and walnuts to the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing