Simple Breakfast Recipes
Kick-start your mornings with a delicious breakfast! Here are some satisfying and energizing recipes, packed with healthy nutrients to get you through your day.
Blueberry Almond Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup oats (Use steel-cut oats for a chewier texture or old fashioned oats for a softer texture)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced
- 1/3 cup blueberries
1. In an airtight container, mix oats, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla.
2. Seal the container and place it in the fridge overnight.
3. In the morning, stir oats, then top with slivered almonds, sliced banana, and blueberries. Enjoy!
Healthy breakfast egg muffins
(Yield: 12 muffins)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sliced avocado (optional for serving)
- Salsa (optional for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and half teaspoon of black pepper
4. Stir in the spinach, onions and tomatoes
5. Divide the mixture among 12 muffin pan cups and bake the egg muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked
6. Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes in the pan then use a knife to loosen the muffins from the cups.
7. Serve each muffin with a dollop of salsa, sliced avocado, or sprinkled cheese on top!
Double Berry Yogurt Parfait
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Granola or nuts (optional for servings)
1. In a bowl, begin building the layers with 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, followed by a layer of strawberries, and then a layer of blueberries.
2. Repeat the layering process until you have used up the yogurt. Reserve a handful of berries for the final layer.
3. Add a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkling of cinnamon to the top yogurt layer before adding the last layer of berries.
4. Add granola or nuts for a crunch. Enjoy!
Egg, Spinach & Feta Wrap
- Whole-grain tortillas (10-inch minimum works well)
- 10 cups fresh spinach
- Red peppers, diced
- 2 cups liquid egg whites
- Tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pull tortillas out of the fridge before you start, or microwave them for 10 seconds each before assembling wraps in step 5
2. Sauté fresh spinach sprinkled with salt and pepper in a greased medium nonstick pan until wilted. Put aside.
3. Sauté red peppers and tomatoes together
4. In a small skillet sprayed with cooking spray, cook 1/3 cup egg whites at a time to make thin omelets. Repeat depending on how many wraps you want to make.
5. Assemble your wraps by adding the sautéed spinach, sautéed red peppers, one mini egg white omelet, two tablespoons of feta cheese to the bottom half of a tortilla.
6. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla up and over the filling, then fold the left and right sides. Lastly, roll up the remaining side to seal everything inside. Enjoy!
7. Wrap any extra ingredients in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge for later use.