Market Basket values our customer privacy.
Updated October 2017
Should you have any questions regarding your privacy using shopmarketbasket.com, please email us at email@example.com.
What Type of Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information received from you when you sign up for email updates, enter a contest on our site, contact us regarding a customer service issue, or submit any other form. In the process of submitting a form on our site, you may be asked for Personal Identifying Information (PII) which includes name, address, zipcode, phone number, or other data. We also gather data you provide us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our website. We strive to gather data only deemed critical or useful to providing you, the customer, with better service.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, use the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and our business.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user submits, or accesses, their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do We Share Your Personal Information Outside of Market Basket?
We will not sell or rent your personal information. We will not share your personal information with outside entities, except in the following circumstances:
Products and Services Offered by Other Businesses or Our Vendors
We will sometimes enable other businesses to make products or services available to our customers, through email or social media. We will never share your personal information with other businesses, though we may share broad aggregate data (not Personal Identifying Information) in order to measure the potential effectiveness of communication.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of Market Basket, our customers, our associates, or other persons. Examples include:
- Protecting the health or safety of customers;
- Addressing crimes committed on Market Basket property;
- Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
- Providing personal information from cameras to law enforcement at their request;
- Responding to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and
- Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation of law.
Do we use 'cookies'?
• Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
How Does Market Basket Protect the Privacy of Children?
Our websites and mobile services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children.
We recognize the importance of protecting children's online privacy. In order to protect the privacy of children, Market Basket knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 only with prior parental consent or as permitted by law. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe we may have collected information from your child through our websites or mobile services and we will work to delete it.
How Do We Contact Market Basket Regarding Privacy?
875 East Street
Tewksbury, MA 01876