Yummy Plant-Based Protein Recipes
With so many varieties of plant-based proteins, there are endless options for what you can cook up! Here are 4 delicious recipes you can serve up to show that plant-based protein can taste just as good as any other!
Beyond Beef Shepherd's Pie
|Serving Size: 4||Prep Time: 25 Min||Cook Time: 45 Min|
- 1 pkg Beyond Beef® (16 oz.)
- 4 medium potatoes (2.5 lbs)
- 3 tbsp plant-based butter
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion
- 3 carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp plant-based Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch cubes. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water, bring to a boil. Add 1 tsp salt and let boil for another 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and mash adding plant-based butter and another ½ tsp salt.
- While the potatoes are cooking, chop the onion and carrots into 1/4 inch cubes and dice the garlic.
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil and onions to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add the carrots and garlic. Cook 2-3 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add Beyond Beef to the pan and break into crumbles. Let cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the flour, parsley, thyme, rosemary, and paprika, then stir to coat the Beyond Beef. Let cook for one additional minute.
- Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and let thicken for 3-4 minutes. Add the corn and peas and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the filling into a baking dish and spread the mashed potatoes on top. Bake in a 400℉ oven for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Lindsey Vonn's Beyond Beef Chili
|Serving Size: 6-8||Prep Time: 10 Min||Cook Time: 40 Min|
- 1 package Beyond Beef®
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 2 tbsp seasoning salt
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Prepare and chop all vegetables.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the Beyond Beef, onions, season salt, chili powder, cayenne and minced garlic.
- Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon for 7-8 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, tomato sauce, and brown sugar to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the liquid reduces slightly, for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings.
Ravioli Lasagna with Impossible Burger Bolognese
|Serving Size: 6||Prep Time: 20 Min||Cook Time: 115 Min|
- 1 pkg Impossible™ Burger (12 oz.)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp basil, (fresh or dry) finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or Half & Half
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 28 oz. ravioli
- 3 cups bolognese sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- Prepare the Bolognese Sauce by first melting the butter in a large pan over medium heat, then add the chopped vegetables. Cook until it begins to caramelize (about 4-5 minutes). Add the chopped garlic, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove the cooked vegetables (soffritto) from the pot and put aside.
- Add the olive oil and Impossible Burger to the pan. Season with sea salt and black pepper, then cook for 4-5 minutes until brown. When the Impossible Burger is fully cooked, break it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the red wine to the hot pan to deglaze the pan. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a large spoon to help get all the stuck bits loose.
- Return the reserved soffritto to the pot, mix well, and allow to cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, milk, basil, and parsley, mixing well. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and Romano cheese. Mix well.
- Re-season with sea salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add a layer of the bolognese sauce to the bottom of your baking dish. A 9-inch by 9-inch pan is recommended.
- Place frozen cheese ravioli on top of the bolognese sauce.
- Add another layer of bolognese and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add another layer of cheese ravioli topped with the final layer of bolognese sauce. Sprinkle with grated Romano cheese on top of the sauce, followed by a nice layer of shredded mozzarella and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
- Cover with non-stick foil or nonstick oil-sprayed regular foil, to prevent cheese from sticking to the foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 7-10 more minutes.
- Allow Ravioli Lasagna to rest for 7-10 minutes before cutting.
Impossible BBQ Meatloaf
|Serving Size: 6||Prep Time: 20 Min||Cook Time: 45 Min|
- 1 pkg. Impossible Burger (12 oz.)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Nonstick oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place Impossible Burger, 1 cup of the barbecue sauce, onions, red bell peppers, garlic, and Old Bay seasoning in a large bowl. Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- Spray a generous amount of nonstick oil to cover the nonstick bread pan. Transfer the Impossible Burger mixture, then press down gently to form into the pan. Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Spread the top of the meatloaf with the remaining barbecue sauce. Remove from oven to let rest and cool for 15- 20 mins before serving.
- Remove from pan. Cut & serve.