The Benefits of Nuts
It's time to go nuts for nuts!
These small nutritional powerhouses contain many vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to your health, such as omega-3, protein, and fiber. They are particularly good at holding over your appetite between meals, all without the guilt of snacking. Unfortunately, there can be "too much of a good thing" when it comes to nuts, as they are high in calories.
So, which nut should you choose? Here is a breakdown of some popular options:
Walnuts are great for the heart, containing amino acids that are known to help with heart disease. Very high in omega-3, they are great for reducing inflammation in the body, particularly after eating a fatty meal.
Looking for a good night's rest? Walnuts contain melatonin, a hormone known to induce and regulate sleep.
Almonds contain more calcium or fiber than any other nut, making them a great choice for overall health. If you have a dairy-free diet, almonds are also a good choice to make sure you are getting enough calcium to build strong bones. They are also rich in vitamin E, a nutrient that promotes healthy skin and hair.
Are you a vegetarian? Cashews make an excellent choice due to their high levels of protein, iron, and zinc. While they are one of the lowest-fiber nuts, they are filled with other great vitamins and minerals such as vitamins E, K, and B6 as well as copper and magnesium, making them a great choice for even the biggest carnivores.
We offer over 40 varieties of natural nuts and seeds in our Produce Department, including organic options!
Swing by your local Market Basket today to pick up your favorite or try something new! Here are our offerings:
- Whole Cashews, Roasted and Salted
- Whole Cashews, Roasted and Salt-Free
- Whole Cashews, Raw
- Whole Almonds, Roasted and Salted
- Whole Almonds, Roasted and Salt-Free
- Whole Almonds, Raw
- Tamari Almonds
- Deluxe Mixed Nuts, Roasted and Salt-Free
- Walnuts, Raw
- Walnut Pieces, Medium
- Pecan Halves
- Macadamia Nuts, Raw
- Macadamia Nuts, Roasted and Salted
- Brazil Nuts
- Coconut Cashews
- Edamame, Dry Roasted and Salted
- Organic Pistachios, Roasted and Salted
- Organic Pistachios, Roasted and Salt-Free
- Organic Whole Cashews, Raw
- Organic Walnuts, Halves and Pieces
- Organic Almonds, Raw
- Organic Coconut, Shredded
- California Supreme Trail Mix
- Cape Cod Cranberry Mix
- Cascade Trail Mix
- Cranberry Nut Trail Mix
- Rainbows End Trail Mix
- Sriracha Honey Trail Mix
- Fiber Frenzy Mix
- Dark Chocolate Raisin Nut Mix
- Ultimate Omega-3 Trail Mix
- Triple Nut Mix
Organic Trail Mixes
- Organic Trek Mix
- Organic Breakfast Bowl Mix
- Organic Goji Berry Power Mix
- Sunflower Seeds, Hulled, Roasted and Salted
- Sunflower Seeds, Hulled, Roasted and Salt-Free
- Pumpkin Seeds, Roasted and Salted
- Pumpkin Seeds, Roasted and Salt-Free
- Organic Raw Pumpkin Seeds, Shell
- Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds, Hulled
- Natural Almonds Covered in Dark Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate Coconut Almonds
- Dark Chocolate Cashews
- Organic Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans