A fall staple, this delicious recipe will fill your kitchen with the aroma of sweet, delicious apples! You can serve an apple crumble with a side of your favorite ice cream, and we recommend vanilla to be the best match!
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease the 9x13 baking dish.
2) Prepare the apples by peeling the skin, coring, and cutting the apples into 1/4 inch slices. Mix the sliced apples in a large mixing bowl with sugar, lemon juice, flour, and cinnamon. Pour the mixture into the baking dish, making sure it is evenly distributed.
3) In a large bowl, combine the nuts, flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or your hands, work in the cold butter until well mixed.
4) Top the apple mixture evenly with the topping, and bake until topping is golden brown or about 45 minutes, rotating the baking dish halfway through.
5) Serve warm or at room temperature