Tomato Vegetable Soup
Here is an all-in-one hearty soup that will warm you up during this chilly winter season, and get you all the great nutrients you need to stay healthy. Tomato vegetable soup is a nice recipe addition to your dinner repertoire for its easy preparation, and of course for its delicious, comforting taste! This recipe will make about 8 to 11 servings and takes around 35 minutes to make.
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup small semolina pasta
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet whole kernel corn
- 1 1/2 cups crinkle cut frozen carrots
- 5 stalks celery hearts, chopped
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine the vegetable stock, tomato puree, and water in a large pot and stir. Heat the mixture to a light simmer, until the mixture is bubbling a little.
2. Once the tomato mixture had a chance to heat, add the pasta and the can of diced tomatoes. Make sure to include the juice in the can! Add olive oil and garlic salt.
3. Cook the frozen corn and carrots in a separate pot; add to mixture when cooked.
4. Chop up or slice all the fresh vegetables, and add to mixture.
5. Allow the soup to cook on the stove for about 15 to 20 minutes, until all the vegetables have softened and absorbed the mixture.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
We will be adding a new soup recipe to our website every Saturday this month! Click here to see the others.
Don’t have the time to prepare homemade Tomato Vegetable Soup? No worries! Swing by your local Market Basket to pick up a refrigerated cup of this family favorite, or get a freshly made hot bowl from Market’s Kitchen!