It's football time and you know what that means – chili! Looking for a go-to classic Angus Chili recipe to share with your guests for the Big Game? Look no further. This recipe yields about 10 servings and is sure to impress.
- green peppers
- red chili beans
- 3 lbs. beef stew meat
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can Market Basket red kidney beans
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stems removed and finely minced
1. In a large pot, add the beef stew meat and onion. While cooking, break up the large pieces of meat until no pink remains, approximately 10 minutes.
2. Add the jalapeno, salt, and green pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes, making sure to stir frequently.
3. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste and beans, then bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 2 hours, making sure to stir occasionally to prevent the chili from burning and sticking to the pot.
Click here to see all of the soup recipes we have shared this month!
Don’t have the time to prepare homemade Angus Chili? No worries! Swing by your local Market Basket to pick up a refrigerated cup of this family favorite, or get a freshly made hot bowl from Market’s Kitchen!